Friday, January 23, 2009

From Martin to Barack - the revolution is now



I had to post this piece of audio taken from my 'Worldwide Wake Up Show' (Thursdays 5:30-8am CIUT 89.5fm) which aired Thursday January 22nd 2009. For months, myself and Mr Ian Andre Espinet have been discussing the significance of Barack Obama running for president. When he won and was elected President of the United States Of America words couldn't explain how either of us felt. For me it was more then a feeling of accomplishment, but a sense of pride & hope. The night before the show, Ian & I recorded this segment for the show and when it was done I listened to it 3 or 4 times. Each time I listened to it I felt even more proud. I know I am not a citizen of the USA. Yes I am Canadian, but Barack's presidency goes beyond America. He has given the world a whole new outlook on life itself. Whether you are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian... no matter what you may be, Barack H. Obama has given us all hope for a better world... a better life. The dream is not over. This is just a stepping stone to much more to come. Listen & Be Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment